- SEC Statement on Disclosure by Municipal Issuers regarding the Impact of COVID-19
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the SEC’s public statement directed to issuers of municipal securities regarding disclosures about the impact of COVID-19 on their financial and operating conditions.
- Released Regulatory Relief for Issuers of Certain Tax-Exempt Bonds
Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service released welcome temporary guidance addressing two of the many issues provoked by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Hawkins First Quarter Representation Includes Top Bond Issuers
In the first quarter of 2020, Hawkins participated in 115 issues including transactions for four of the quarter’s top bond issuers.
- A Note to Clients and Friends of the Firm
We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak closely, with particular concern for all who are currently experiencing challenges and for the healthcare professionals, first responders, family, and friends who care for them.
- SEC Staff Guidance Regarding Secondary Market Disclosure
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the recent Staff Legal Bulletin from the SEC’s Office of Municipal Securities.
- Revised IRS Form 8038-CP
The Internal Revenue Service released a revised version of Form 8038-CP (Return for Credit Payments to Issuers of Qualified Bonds) dated January 2020.
- Hawkins Promotes Associates to Partnership and Counsel
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce the election of Christopher Taylor and Samuel Litton to the Partnership and Megan Sartor to Counsel.
- Hawkins Attorneys to co-chair and moderate The Bond Buyer’s National Outlook 2020 Conference
Howard Zucker will be co-chairing the Bond Buyer's 2020 National Outlook Conference. This annual event brings together specialists and professionals from every corner of the public finance industry.
- Hawkins Bond Counsel for the 2019 Northeast Deal of the Year
On December 4, 2019, the 18th Edition of the Bond Buyer Deal of the Year awards recognized New York's Battery Park City Authority 2019 financings with the northeast regional Deal of the Year award. Hawkins served as bond counsel for the Authority in connection with its $673 million multi-series transaction.
- Hawkins Named to 2020 Best Law Firms List for Tenth Year
Hawkins has received national and regional recognition in the 2020 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Directory.
- Guidance from Treasury regarding USD LIBOR Phase-Out
The Hawkins Advisory discusses recently published Proposed Treasury Regulations that provide guidance as to the ability of parties to variable rate debt and other contracts that currently rely on LIBOR as an interest rate benchmark to alter the documents for these transactions for the purpose of incorporating interest rates reflective of other reference rates. The Advisory also reviews the status of other regulatory efforts to prepare the capital markets to transition from broad reliance upon LIBOR.
- Michela Daliana Honored as a 2019 Northeast Women in Public Finance Trailblazer
Michela Daliana was named a 2019 Trailblazer by the Northeast Women in Public Finance for her keen leadership and mentoring women across the industry.
- Hawkins Attorneys Named to 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers Lists
Hawkins is pleased to announce that three of the firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2019 New York Metro Super Lawyers list.
- Hawkins’ P3 Project a Winner at the 2019 P3 Awards
Howard County Circuit Courthouse project won the 2019 P3 Awards for both “Best Financial Structure” and “Best Social Infrastructure Project”. Hawkins served as Howard County’s special counsel in connection with the procurement and negotiation of the new circuit courthouse on a design-build-finance-operate-maintain basis.