- Tax-Exempt Bond Provisions in the Conference Committee Version of H. R. 1
This issue of the Hawkins Advisory describes provisions affecting tax-exempt bonds and tax credit bonds that are included in the version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act approved on December 15, 2017 by a conference committee.
- Tax-Advantaged Bond Provisions In Senate Tax Bill
This edition of the Hawkins Advisory describes provisions affecting tax-exempt bonds and tax credit bonds that are included in the version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by the U.S. Senate on December 2, 2017.
- Howard Zucker and Martin Geiger have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers New York City, 2018 Edition
Howard Zucker and Martin Geiger have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers New York City, 2018 Edition. Only seven other attorneys were listed in Public Finance in this edition.
- Tax Advantaged Bond Provisions In House And Senate Tax Bills
This issue of the Hawkins Advisory describes the recent Tax reform proposal.
- New IRS Audit Procedures
Hawkins Advisory describes the changes made by the IRS Tax Exempt and Governmental Entities division to the new procedures for conducting audits of tax-exempt and tax advantaged bonds.
- Revised Proposed TEFRA Public Notice, Hearing and Approval Regulations
This Hawkins Advisory discusses the revised proposed regulations on TEFRA Public Notice.
- Annual Qualified Mortgage Information
This edition of the Hawkins Advisory deals with qualified mortgage bond information report and the qualified veterans’ mortgage bond information report.
- The Public Housing Finance Update
Rod Solomon in his annual public housing investments update, published in the Journal of Housing & Community Development April/ May 2017 issue, covers the 2016 and early 2017 events affecting HUD affordable housing programs.
- Ann Sherman and Carol McCoog have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers Business, Spring 2017 Edition
Ann Sherman and Carol McCoog, who practice in the Portland office, have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers Business, Spring 2017 Edition.
- 2017 Average Area and Nationwide Purchase Price Safe Harbor Limits
On Friday, March 17, 2017, the Internal Revenue Service released the attached Rev. Proc. 2017-27 updating average area and nationwide purchase price safe harbor limits for the Mortgage Revenue Bond and Mortgage Credit Certificate programs. We call to your attention the major provisions of Rev. Proc. 2017-27.
- Municipal Market Regulatory Update
This Hawkins Advisory describes the proposed amendments to Rule 15c2-12 and provides a summary and analysis of SEC municipal enforcement actions over the last year.
- Modifications to Qualified Management Contract Rules
On January 17, 2017, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2017-13 (“Rev. Proc. 2017-13”), which addresses the treatment of management contracts involving property financed with tax-exempt bond proceeds. Rev. Proc. 2017-13 modifies and supersedes recently released Revenue Procedure 2016-44 (“Rev. Proc. 2016-44”).
- Hawkins Elects David Handler to Partner
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce the election of David Handler to the partnership effective January 1, 2017.