- Hawkins Elects Robert Radigan to the Partnership
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce the election of Robert Radigan to the Partnership effective January 1, 2021.
- Chuck Toto Featured In NABL News Member Spotlights
Hawkins partner and longtime member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (“NABL”) Chuck Toto was featured in the December 2020 edition of the NABL News “member spotlights” section. The reporter sought Chuck’s thoughts on NABL, its programs and other issues.
- Four Hawkins Transactions Win Bond Buyer Deal of the Year Awards
Hawkins is proud to have served as counsel on four financings that won The Bond Buyer deal of the year awards for 2020.
- Extension of Ability to Hold Telephonic TEFRA Hearings
In consideration of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service have extended the temporary guidance originally provided in Rev. Proc. 2020-21, published in May of 2020.
- Some Guidance Relating to Transitions Away from LIBOR
Hawkins Advisory describes the provisions of Rev. Proc. 2020-44 as they apply to issuances of tax-exempt bonds.
- Hawkins Named to 2021 Best Law Firms List
Hawkins has again received national and regional recognition in the U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Directory.
- The Public Housing Investment Update 2020
In this latest edition of his annual public housing investments update, Rod Solomon addresses the housing needs created by the impacts of the pandemic, pre-existing conditions of limited eligiblity for deeply subsidized housing programs (public housing and Section 8) and the governments response related to housing assistance.
- Hawkins Attorneys Named to New York Metro Super Lawyers List
Hawkins attorneys comprise half of the 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list for Government Finance.
- Hawkins Attorneys Recognized In The Best Lawyers in America 2021 List
As the only national law firm in the United States whose practice is devoted primarily to public finance and public projects, Hawkins is pleased to announce that the following attorneys were recognized in the 27th edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Public Finance Law practice area.
- Javits Convention Center Project: Design-Build at its Finest
- SEC Exemptive Order re Municipal Advisors
This Hawkins Advisory describes the SEC’s exemptive order of June 16, 2020, which provides a temporary exemption from registration as a broker for registered municipal advisors, subject to satisfaction of certain conditions.
- SEC Statement on Disclosure by Municipal Issuers regarding the Impact of COVID-19
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the SEC’s public statement directed to issuers of municipal securities regarding disclosures about the impact of COVID-19 on their financial and operating conditions.
- Released Regulatory Relief for Issuers of Certain Tax-Exempt Bonds
Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service released welcome temporary guidance addressing two of the many issues provoked by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Hawkins First Quarter Representation Includes Top Bond Issuers
In the first quarter of 2020, Hawkins participated in 115 issues including transactions for four of the quarter’s top bond issuers.
- A Note to Clients and Friends of the Firm
We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak closely, with particular concern for all who are currently experiencing challenges and for the healthcare professionals, first responders, family, and friends who care for them.
- SEC Staff Guidance Regarding Secondary Market Disclosure
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the recent Staff Legal Bulletin from the SEC’s Office of Municipal Securities.