- Hawkins Attorneys Recognized In The Best Lawyers in America 2021 List
As the only national law firm in the United States whose practice is devoted primarily to public finance and public projects, Hawkins is pleased to announce that the following attorneys were recognized in the 27th edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Public Finance Law practice area.
- SEC Exemptive Order re Municipal Advisors
This Hawkins Advisory describes the SEC’s exemptive order of June 16, 2020, which provides a temporary exemption from registration as a broker for registered municipal advisors, subject to satisfaction of certain conditions.
- SEC Statement on Disclosure by Municipal Issuers regarding the Impact of COVID-19
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the SEC’s public statement directed to issuers of municipal securities regarding disclosures about the impact of COVID-19 on their financial and operating conditions.
- Released Regulatory Relief for Issuers of Certain Tax-Exempt Bonds
Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service released welcome temporary guidance addressing two of the many issues provoked by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Hawkins First Quarter Representation Includes Top Bond Issuers
In the first quarter of 2020, Hawkins participated in 115 issues including transactions for four of the quarter’s top bond issuers.
- A Note to Clients and Friends of the Firm
We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak closely, with particular concern for all who are currently experiencing challenges and for the healthcare professionals, first responders, family, and friends who care for them.
- SEC Staff Guidance Regarding Secondary Market Disclosure
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the recent Staff Legal Bulletin from the SEC’s Office of Municipal Securities.
- Revised IRS Form 8038-CP
The Internal Revenue Service released a revised version of Form 8038-CP (Return for Credit Payments to Issuers of Qualified Bonds) dated January 2020.
- Hawkins Promotes Associates to Partnership and Counsel
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce the election of Christopher Taylor and Samuel Litton to the Partnership and Megan Sartor to Counsel.
- Hawkins Attorneys to co-chair and moderate The Bond Buyer’s National Outlook 2020 Conference
Howard Zucker will be co-chairing the Bond Buyer's 2020 National Outlook Conference. This annual event brings together specialists and professionals from every corner of the public finance industry.
- Hawkins Bond Counsel for the 2019 Northeast Deal of the Year
On December 4, 2019, the 18th Edition of the Bond Buyer Deal of the Year awards recognized New York's Battery Park City Authority 2019 financings with the northeast regional Deal of the Year award. Hawkins served as bond counsel for the Authority in connection with its $673 million multi-series transaction.
- Hawkins Named to 2020 Best Law Firms List for Tenth Year
Hawkins has received national and regional recognition in the 2020 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Directory.
- Practical Considerations in Electronic Disclosure by State and Municipal Bond Issuers