- Hawkins Attorneys Presenting on the 2019 NABL’s Workshop Panels
Hawkins attorneys will be discussing an array of essential and current issues at this year National Association of Bond Lawyers’ Workshop.
- Carol McCoog Elected to the American College of Bond Counsel
Carol McCoog has been elected a Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel (ACBC).
- Hawkins Attorneys Recognized In The Best Lawyers in America 2020 List
Hawkins is pleased to announce that five attorneys were named by their peers to the Best Lawyers in America 2020 list.
- The Partners Involved
- Hawkins Attorneys are part of NABL’s SEC Rule 15c2-12 Working Group
Brian Garzione, Carol McCoog and Kenneth Roberts were part of the National Association of Bond Lawyers working group, that released the paper titled “SEC Rule 15c2-12 Amendments NABL Member Questions and Practical Considerations”.
- John M. McNally Receives the NABL’ s Kiel Distinguished Service Award
The National Association of Bond Lawyers (“NABL”) is honoring John M. McNally with the Frederick O. Kiel Distinguished Service Award.
- New Current Refunding Guidelines for Bonds Issued Pursuant to Special Authorizations
On May 22, 2019, the Internal Revenue Service released Notice 2019-39. The Notice provides guidance on the issuance of tax-exempt state and local bonds and tax-exempt Indian tribal government bonds in current refunding issues...
- IRS Enforcement
- General Public Use Requirement for Qualified Residential Rental Projects
This Hawkins Advisory provides information of specific interest to multi-family housing bond issuers regarding the general public use requirement for qualified residential rental projects.
- Average Area and Nationwide Purchase Price Safe Harbor Limits
This Hawkins Advisory includes information of specific interest to single-family housing bond issuers regarding Average Area and Nationwide Purchase Price Safe Harbor Limits
- Implementing the Rule 15c2-12 Amendments
This Advisory summarizes guidance that the SEC staff has provided to date in public forums regarding the recent Rule 15c2-12 amendments.
- Brian Garzione drafts NABL's “Analysis of SIFMA Model Memorandum to Underwriter's Counsel”
The purpose of the NABL analysis is to highlight issues to consider when reviewing the Memorandum or other written guidance modeled on the Memorandum and it also includes recommendations on how the proposed duties may be modified and/or limited in scope.
- Hawkins a 2019 NCPPP Outstanding Legal Advisor Finalist
Hawkins is proud to be among the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships (NCPPP) 2019 outstanding legal advisor finalists. The NCPPP will announce the winners of the 2019 National Public-Private Partnership Awards later this year. For decades, the council annually recognizes commendable projects and visionary leaders in public-private partnerships.
- Howard Zucker to Co-Chair
- Replacing LIBOR