- Hawkins Named to 2024 Best Law Firms List
Hawkins has again received national and regional recognition in the Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" Directory.
- Hawkins Attorneys Named to New York Metro Super Lawyers List
Hawkins is pleased to announce that six of the firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2023 New York Metro Super Lawyers list.
- Howard Zucker inducted into The Bond Buyer's Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Howard Zucker on being named as one of The Bond Buyer’s Hall of Fame 2023 inductees.
- Hawkins Attorneys Run 2023 Providence Hood & Portland To Coast Relays benefiting Providence Cancer Institute
Hawkins attorneys Jennifer Córdova, Sarah Dickey, Jeff Poley, Zack Polo, Diane Quan, John Renken, Gülgün Uğur and Carol McCoog completed the 2023 Providence Hood & Portland To Coast Relays, August 25-26, 2023.
- Hawkins Attorneys Named In The Best Lawyers in America 2024 List
As the only national law firm in the United States whose practice is devoted primarily to public finance and public projects, Hawkins is pleased to announce that the following attorneys were named in the 30th edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Public Finance Law practice area.
- The 2023 Public Housing Investment Update
The past two years for public housing investments saw unprecedented Congressional and HUD consideration of the need to preserve and replace public housing on a comprehensive basis, with the Administration’s Build Back Better effort and needs highlighted by the pandemic and racial reckoning.
- Municipal Securities Market Update
This Hawkins Advisory provides an update on selected matters of interest to the municipal securities market and its participants. In particular, this Advisory reviews (i) the Municipal Disclosure Conference (the “Conference”) recently hosted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”); (ii) the status of certain rulemaking initiatives by the SEC and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (the “MSRB”); (iii) a recent Supreme Court decision relating to matters involving federal securities laws; and (iv) the publication of a paper on risk factors by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (“NABL”).
- We mourn the passing of our esteemed colleague and friend Gerard “Jerry” Fernandez, Jr.
With scores of others throughout the industry, we mourn the passing of our esteemed colleague and friend Gerard “Jerry” Fernandez, Jr. who died peacefully on April 21, 2023