- Hawkins Attorneys Awarded In The Best Lawyers in America 2023 Edition
As the only national law firm in the United States whose practice is devoted primarily to public finance and public projects, Hawkins is pleased to announce that the following attorneys were awarded in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Public Finance Law practice area.
- Municipal Market — Federal Securities Law Update (2022)
This Hawkins Advisory provides an update on the municipal securities market and related federal securities law regulation. In particular, this Advisory reviews (i) the current composition of the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and its regulatory priorities; (ii) the SEC’s proposed rules on climate change disclosure and other environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) initiatives; (iii) developments in cybersecurity disclosure; and (iv) recent SEC enforcement actions in the municipal securities market.
- Securities Law Update
- Hawkins Assists with the Merger of Two Not-For-Profit Private Universities
Northeastern University, a private, not-for-profit university based in Boston, merged with Mills College, a private, not-for-profit college based in Oakland, California.
- Federal Legislation Moves SOFR Closer
This edition of the Hawkins Advisory discusses the recent federal legislation signed into law on March 15, 2022.
- New Private Activity Bond Provisions for Qualified Carbon Dioxide Capture Facilities
A new category of tax-exempt private activity bonds was created as part of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, enacted in November 2021, to encourage private investment in carbon dioxide capture facilities.
- ESG Risks, Disclosure, and Labeled Bonds
- Roles and Responsibilities of Disclosure Counsel
- Final Treasury Reissuance Regulations Addressing Modifications of Debt Instruments to Replace IBORs
This edition of the Hawkins Advisory describes recently released final Treasury Regulations providing guidance in connection with the discontinued Interbank Offered Rates.
- Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP Opens North Carolina Office
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP, a national leader in municipal finance and public law, announced that it has opened an office in Raleigh, North Carolina.