Marty has provided bond counsel assistance to nearly two hundred and fifty public school districts in New York State in connection with the issuance of bonds and bond anticipation notes to finance capital projects and equipment. He also assists his clients in relation to the issuance of tax and revenue anticipation notes, and the financing of energy performance contracts.
Marty brings over forty years' experience to his practice, in which time he has written various bills which have been enacted into law, and he has made presentations at various conferences throughout New York State and the country.
Marty is most enthusiastic about assisting clients in developing capital projects and bringing them to public referendum. In that regard, he has written hundreds of bond propositions for his clients, authorizing billions of dollars of bonding for school construction and renovation projects.
Marty enjoys working with administrators and boards of education of school districts of every size and region of New York State. He is energized by the myriad of financial challenges that educational leaders face annually, and is inspired by their leadership to continue to help them address those financial challenges.
- New York State School Attorneys Association
- New York State Association of School Business Officials
- Nassau Association of School Business Officials
- Suffolk Association of School Business Officials
- New York State Bar Association
Recent News & Publications
- Hawkins Attorneys Recognized In The Best Lawyers in America 2020 List
Hawkins is pleased to announce that five attorneys were named by their peers to the Best Lawyers in America 2020 list.…
- Hawkins Attorneys Recognized In The Best Lawyers in America 2019 List
Hawkins is pleased to announce that six attorneys were named by their peers to the Best Lawyers in America 2019 list. …
- Howard Zucker and Martin Geiger have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers New York City, 2018 Edition
Howard Zucker and Martin Geiger have been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers New York City, 2018 Edition. Only seven other attorn…
- Six of Hawkins Partners were selected by Best Lawyers in the area of Public Finance law practice
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is delighted to announce that six of its Partners were selected by Best Lawyers in the area of Public Fin…