- Guidance from Treasury regarding USD LIBOR Phase-Out
The Hawkins Advisory discusses recently published Proposed Treasury Regulations that provide guidance as to the ability of parties to variable rate debt and other contracts that currently rely on LIBOR as an interest rate benchmark to alter the documents for these transactions for the purpose of incorporating interest rates reflective of other reference rates. The Advisory also reviews the status of other regulatory efforts to prepare the capital markets to transition from broad reliance upon LIBOR.
- New Current Refunding Guidelines for Bonds Issued Pursuant to Special Authorizations
On May 22, 2019, the Internal Revenue Service released Notice 2019-39. The Notice provides guidance on the issuance of tax-exempt state and local bonds and tax-exempt Indian tribal government bonds in current refunding issues...
- General Public Use Requirement for Qualified Residential Rental Projects
This Hawkins Advisory provides information of specific interest to multi-family housing bond issuers regarding the general public use requirement for qualified residential rental projects.
- Average Area and Nationwide Purchase Price Safe Harbor Limits
This Hawkins Advisory includes information of specific interest to single-family housing bond issuers regarding Average Area and Nationwide Purchase Price Safe Harbor Limits
- Implementing the Rule 15c2-12 Amendments
This Advisory summarizes guidance that the SEC staff has provided to date in public forums regarding the recent Rule 15c2-12 amendments.
- Final TEFRA Hearing & Approval Regulations
This issue of the Hawkins Advisory discusses TEFRA final regulations.
- IRS Proposed Issuance Regulations
This edition of the Hawkins Advisory summarizes these proposed regulations and discusses the effects of a retirement or reissuance of tax-exempt bonds.