- Extension of Ability to Hold Telephonic TEFRA Hearings
In consideration of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service have extended the temporary guidance originally provided in Rev. Proc. 2020-21, published in May of 2020.
- Some Guidance Relating to Transitions Away from LIBOR
Hawkins Advisory describes the provisions of Rev. Proc. 2020-44 as they apply to issuances of tax-exempt bonds.
- The Public Housing Investment Update 2020
In this latest edition of his annual public housing investments update, Rod Solomon addresses the housing needs created by the impacts of the pandemic, pre-existing conditions of limited eligiblity for deeply subsidized housing programs (public housing and Section 8) and the governments response related to housing assistance.
- SEC Exemptive Order re Municipal Advisors
This Hawkins Advisory describes the SEC’s exemptive order of June 16, 2020, which provides a temporary exemption from registration as a broker for registered municipal advisors, subject to satisfaction of certain conditions.
- SEC Statement on Disclosure by Municipal Issuers regarding the Impact of COVID-19
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the SEC’s public statement directed to issuers of municipal securities regarding disclosures about the impact of COVID-19 on their financial and operating conditions.
- Released Regulatory Relief for Issuers of Certain Tax-Exempt Bonds
Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service released welcome temporary guidance addressing two of the many issues provoked by the COVID 19 pandemic.
- SEC Staff Guidance Regarding Secondary Market Disclosure
This Advisory provides a summary and analysis of the recent Staff Legal Bulletin from the SEC’s Office of Municipal Securities.
- Revised IRS Form 8038-CP
The Internal Revenue Service released a revised version of Form 8038-CP (Return for Credit Payments to Issuers of Qualified Bonds) dated January 2020.