Richard has represented governmental and private debt issuers and their investment bankers in public and private securities offerings across the United States for over 40 years. His experience includes governmental securitizations (housing, tobacco settlement revenues, PHA capital grants, PILOT payments, sales tax receivables) and project finance (redevelopment projects, office tower construction, resource recovery projects, military personnel housing, commercial mortgage-backed securities).
Richard’s broad experience provides great value to the client and a resource for creative solutions to difficult issues. Richard is a team player who works with the client and other financing participants in a collegial and constructive manner in the interest of timely and efficiently attaining the goals of the financing.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Bond Counsel
- Private Placements
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Disclosure Counsel
- Underwriters' Counsel
- Duke University, B.A.
- University of Louisville School of Law, J.D., with honors, Executive Editor of the Law Review
- New York
Recent News & Publications
- Super Lawyers Names 21 Hawkins Lawyers in 2014
This year, Hawkins has more Super Lawyers in the practice of Government Finance than any other law firm in the New York Metro area.…
- Hawkins Acts as Bond Counsel for 2008's National "Deal of the Year"
Hawkins once again was part of the financing teams (in each case, as bond counsel) for two “Deal of the Year” transactions in 2008…