Prior to practicing law, Bob served as a comptroller at a major U.S. bank. He also worked as an associate in the tax department at a large international accounting firm. Bob devotes the majority of his legal practice to advising municipal, governmental and quasi-governmental clients He has served as bond counsel to numerous issuers, including counties, cities, towns, villages, school districts, fire districts, public authorities, improvement districts, local development corporations and other public entities in the state of New York. He has also served as bond counsel to local authorities with respect to revenue bond issues and has served as counsel to the underwriters on many transactions.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- New York Conference of Mayors and Municipal Officials
- New York State Association of Towns
- New York State Government Finance Officers Association (Board of Governors)
- County Attorneys Association of the State of New York
- Long Island Village Clerks and Treasurers Association
- Suffolk County Village Officials Association
- New York State Bar Association (Municipal Law Section)
- St. John's University, B.S.
- Fordham University, J.D.
- New York
Recent News & Publications
- Super Lawyers Names 21 Hawkins Lawyers in 2014
This year, Hawkins has more Super Lawyers in the practice of Government Finance than any other law firm in the New York Metro area.…