Brian represents a full range of participants in the municipal finance market, including state and local governments, underwriting firms, and conduit issuers. His experience includes fixed rate, variable rate, and multi-modal financings, as well as drafting offering documents and negotiating debt instruments and credit agreements. His practice involves working with state agencies and municipalities on a wide range of transactions, including appropriation, general obligation, special revenue, capital project, working capital, transportation, and student loan financings.
Additionally, Brian is involved with many of the firm’s transportation-related engagements, including TIFIA loans for the federal government. In connection with the TIFIA program, Mr. Garzione negotiates loan agreements and related security documents between the federal government and public sponsors and borrowers in connection with public borrowings, and private entity borrowers in connection with public-private partnerships.
Brian represents clients on both public offerings and private placements and frequently assists clients with the development and implementation of disclosure policies and procedures.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Loyola College in Maryland, B.A., magna cum laude
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Articles Editor, Pace Law Review
- District of Columbia
- New York
Recent News & Publications
- Brian Garzione co-authors the Supplement to NABL’s Crafting Disclosure Policies
Brian was a key participant in preparing a supplement to NABL’s Crafting Disclosure Policies. …
- Brian Garzione named Chair of NABL’s Securities Law and Disclosure Committee
In the fall of 2020, Brian Garzione was named Chair of NABL’s Securities Law and Disclosure Committee (SLDC). …
- Hawkins Attorneys are part of NABL’s SEC Rule 15c2-12 Working Group
Brian Garzione, Carol McCoog and Kenneth Roberts were part of the National Association of Bond Lawyers working group, that released th…
- Brian Garzione drafts NABL's “Analysis of SIFMA Model Memorandum to Underwriter's Counsel”
The purpose of the NABL analysis is to highlight issues to consider when reviewing the Memorandum or other written guidance modeled on…