Gulgun serves as lead bond counsel to a great many Oregon governments, including the cities of Ashland, Independence, Lincoln City, Monmouth, Newberg, Newport, Oregon City, Prineville, Roseburg, Springfield, Tigard, Tualatin, and Wilsonville, the urban renewal agencies for many of those cities, Clean Water Services, Linn-Benton Community College, Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission, Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District, Pacific Communities Health District, Portland Public Schools, and Tualatin Valley Water District.
Gulgun has extensive experience interpreting and applying Oregon’s public finance laws, having participated in the Oregon Law Commission's project to substantially rewrite ORS Chapter 287A in 2007 and the group drafting the 2009 revisions to ORS Chapter 457. She serves on the board of directors of the Oregon Government Finance Officers Association and the education committee for that group, and previously served on the Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission, having been appointed by Governor John Kitzhaber to serve in that role in 2014.
Gulgun often speaks to municipal issuers regarding public finance matters. She has recently spoken about property tax reform, continuing disclosure, and federal securities laws. Gulgun has a particular interest in tax increment financing and presented to the Association of Oregon Redevelopment Agencies regarding tracking maximum indebtedness. She also testified to the City Club of Portland related to their property tax reform project.
- Oregon Government Finance Officers Association
- Association of Oregon Redevelopment Agencies
- Oregon People’s Utility District Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Oregon Government Finance Officers Association
- Education Committee, Oregon Government Finance Officers Association
Commissioner, Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (2014-2016)
- Cultural Institutions
- Economic Development
- Power and Renewable Energy
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Honors College
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
Recent News & Publications
- Hawkins Elects New Partners
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce that Gülgün Mersereau and Daniel G. Birmingham have been elected as Partners.…
- Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP Opens Pacific Northwest Office
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP, a national leader in municipal finance and public law, opened a new office in Portland, Oregon. The new …