During her career with the firm, Kathleen has worked in many phases of public finance with particular emphasis on matters relating to the issuance of bonds under Section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. Her extensive knowledge of bond matters and her pragmatic approach to problem solving is valued in bringing bond financings to a timely and successful conclusion.
Kathleen routinely works on complex bond financings, participating in issues involving state general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, single and multi-family housing, the low-income housing tax credit and other tax credits, derivative products, housing owned by not-for-profit corporations and complex refundings.
Kathleen has extensive working experience with state housing finance issuers across the country. She also has participated in numerous transactions with other issuers, including the States of Hawaii, New Jersey, New York and Tennessee. the City and County of Honolulu, the New York City Industrial Development Authority, the New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation, and the Connecticut Development Authority.
Over the past ten years, Kathleen has worked on over 400 public finance issues of every type throughout the nation, spanning more than 20 states and including some of the most complex and innovative transactions of such period. Several of such transactions were recognized by The Bond Buyer in its “Deal of the Year” awards.
Her expertise is often sought as she has participated in federal tax legislative drafting, successfully closed dozens of IRS audits, has received numerous favorable IRS rulings and rebate refunds on behalf of clients and is a frequent participant in national conferences and public finance-related symposiums.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board of Director, National Association of Bond Lawyers (2017)
- Chair, Bond Attorneys’ Workshop, National Association of Bond Lawyers (2017)
- First Vice-Chair, Bond Attorneys’ Workshop, National Association of Bond Lawyers (2016)
- Second Vice-Chair, Bond Attorneys’ Workshop, National Association of Bond Lawyers (2015)
- University of Toledo, B.Ed., cum laude
- University of Toledo, J.D.
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation
- New York