Lloyd has represented lenders and borrowers in construction and permanent financings secured by many types of properties, including office buildings, mixed-use condominium developments, residential developments and educational facilities. He has also participated in sales and purchases of commercial and industrial properties, and ground lease, space lease and sublease transactions.
Lloyd has substantial experience representing borrowers, issuers, underwriters and purchasers of tax-exempt project revenue bonds and other municipal securities, and in structuring and documenting these financings.
Lloyd also has significant experience representing governmental entities in real estate-related transactions, including the development of facilities for governmental use, public-private partnerships, and “privatizations”. He has represented public entities in negotiating long-term ground leases for the development of commercial and recreational projects, and has also represented public entities in acquiring property for their own use.
In addition, Lloyd frequently works with not-for-profit corporations in financings, real estate transactions, and other matters, including entity formation.
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Committee on Real Property Law; Committee on Construction Law)
- New York State Bar Association (Real Property Law Section)
- American Bar Association
Lloyd has been selected as a Superlawyer for the New York Metropolitan Area.
A number of Lloyd’s transactions have been honored as “Deal of the Year” by the Washington Business Journal and the Bond Buyer.
The Hawkins team led by Lloyd was recognized with the “New Jersey’s Leading Infrastructure Award” by the New Jersey Alliance for Action.
- Alternative Project Delivery
- Bank Counsel
- Bond Counsel
- Borrower's Counsel
- Project Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate Counsel
- Underwriters' Counsel
- Economic Development
- Cultural Institutions and Foundations
- Health Care
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- Harvard College, B.A.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- District of Columbia
Recent News & Publications
- Hawkins serves as Underwriters’ Counsel in 2016 Northeast Region Deal of the Year
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP served as sole underwriters’ counsel on the recently completed $2.4 billion financing for LaGuardia Air…
- Hawkins Wins Award for Work on P3 Project
The New Jersey Alliance for Action has named Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP as a recipient of its 2015 “New Jersey’s Leading Infrast…
- Hawkins is nominated as Finalist for the Bond Buyer’s Deal of the Year Award
Hawkins acted as Underwriters Counsel in connection with the issuance of $650 million of Second Priority Liberty Revenue Refunding Bon…
- Leases with New York State