Melanie joined the firm as a partner in 2009 and is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Melanie has extensive experience in short-term financings, including variable rate demand obligations and commercial paper, both as counsel to the credit and liquidity providers and as bond counsel, in a broad variety of public finance transactions, including lease revenue, assessment, special tax, teeter obligation, sales tax revenue, pension obligation, enterprise revenue bonds, certificates of participation, bond anticipation notes and commercial paper, and tax-exempt financings for universities, museums and hospitals.
Melanie’s practice also includes the representation of commercial banks in loans, lines of credit and prior placement purchases.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Board Member, Asian Americans in Public Finance
- Cultural Institutions
- Economic Development
- Health Care
- Power and Renewable Energy
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall), J.D.