Hawkins a 2019 NCPPP Outstanding Legal Advisor Finalist
Hawkins is proud to be among the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships (NCPPP) 2019 outstanding legal advisor finalists. The NCPPP will announce the winners of the 2019 National Public-Private Partnership Awards later this year. For decades, the council annually recognizes commendable projects and visionary leaders in public-private partnerships.
During the past few years Hawkins has been involved in numerous projects, but its central role in the Howard County, MD Courthouse P3 Project, illustrates the value and the expertise Hawkins attorneys bring to a P3 project. This project to design, build, finance, operate and maintain a new circuit courthouse for the County for a thirty year term at an approximately $150 million capital cost is particularly noteworthy.
First, it represents just the second successful P3 courthouse procurement in the United States, the first successful P3 courthouse procurement on the east coast and the first successful P3 courthouse procurement in the United States in almost eight years. Second, this project utilized a groundbreaking hybrid P3 financing structure. Upon “Occupancy Readiness”, the Project Company will only finance approximately 60% of the project’s long term financing needs. The remaining 40% will be paid by the County through a single milestone payment to the Project Company. Third, this P3 was procured on a very efficient schedule of eleven months for the procurement to progress from the issuance of the request for qualifications to the selection of the winning proposer.
For more information on the awards and NCPPP: https://ncppp.org/2019-award-winners/
Also of Interest
- Hawkins Served as Counsel to Two Bond Buyer Deal of the Year Winning Transactions
Hawkins is proud to have served as special and lead outside counsel on two financings that were finalists for The Bond Buyer deal of the year award for 2021 and winners in their respective categories. This year’s deals reflect the substantial expertise of Hawkins’ transportation industry attorneys.
- New Jersey Design-Build Construction Services Procurement Act
This Hawkins Advisory summarizes the New Jersey Design-Build Construction Services Procurement Act, which was passed on April 30, 2021. The Act establishes procedures for State and local governmental entities to award Design-Build contracts.
- Hawkins Served as Counsel to Four Bond Buyer Deal of the Year Winning Transactions
Hawkins is proud to have served as counsel on four financings that won The Bond Buyer deal of the year award for 2020.
- Hawkins’ P3 Project a Winner at the 2019 P3 Awards
Howard County Circuit Courthouse project won the 2019 P3 Awards for both “Best Financial Structure” and “Best Social Infrastructure Project”. Hawkins served as Howard County’s special counsel in connection with the procurement and negotiation of the new circuit courthouse on a design-build-finance-operate-maintain basis.