Working with housing finance agencies and investment banks, he helps structure and execute bond and loan transactions to finance the development and preservation of affordable rental housing and to finance first-time homebuyer and other mortgage lending programs. Kevin also brings to his practice a background in HUD housing and community development programs and experience developing affordable housing at a local housing authority.
Kevin has negotiated and documented debt with a variety of interest, redemption and tender provisions and credit and liquidity enhancements, in parity and conduit financings, through public offerings and direct loans and bond purchases. He guides clients through matters of state law and federal tax and securities law presented during a financing.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Board of Governors, The Municipal Forum of New York
- Office of General Counsel, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC, (2005-2008)
Recent News & Publications
- Hawkins Bond Counsel for the 2019 Northeast Deal of the Year
On December 4, 2019, the 18th Edition of the Bond Buyer Deal of the Year awards recognized New York's Battery Park City Authority 2019…
- Hawkins Elects New Partners
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP is pleased to announce that William J. Jackson, Kevin Murphy and Jamison A. Sadlon have been elected as P…