Lisa represents a full range of participants in the municipal finance market, including state and local governments, underwriting firms, conduit issuers, and non-profit corporations. Her experience includes fixed rate, variable rate, and multi-modal financings, as well as drafting and negotiating debt instruments, master trust indentures, swap agreements, and other credit and liquidity agreements. She has represented clients on both public offerings and bank private placements. Her familiarity with a wide array of financing structures allows her to apply the latest techniques to a client’s transaction to achieve a timely and successful closing.
Lisa also has experience working with state agencies and municipalities on a variety of transactions including appropriation, general obligation, lease revenue, short term and cash flow, revolving fund, and transportation financings.
Following the closing of a bond deal, Lisa frequently assists clients with the development and implementation of post issuance compliance and disclosure policies.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Michigan (2005-2008)
- Cultural Institutions
- Economic Development
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Michigan State University, B.A., Accounting
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation
Recent News & Publications
- Four Hawkins Transactions Win Bond Buyer Deal of the Year Awards
Hawkins is proud to have served as counsel on four financings that won The Bond Buyer deal of the year awards for 2020. …
- Hawkins serves as Underwriters’ Counsel in 2016 Southeast Region Deal of the Year
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP served as underwriters’ counsel in connection with the issuance of tax exempt and taxable revenue bonds…
- Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP Opens Michigan Office
Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP, a national leader in municipal finance and public law, announced today that it will open a new office in…