Bob joined the firm as an associate upon graduating law school and has practiced his entire career at the firm.
Bob has extensive experience with short-term financings, cash flow borrowings, general obligation bonds, appropriation bonds, lease revenue bonds, certificates of participation, revenue bonds for water, wastewater and transportation, pension obligation bonds, redevelopment area bonds, assessment bonds, industrial development bonds, not-for-profit financings and private activity bonds.
Bob has served as bond counsel and disclosure counsel to dozens of public issuers in the State of New Jersey, including the State itself and many State-wide issuers, counties, municipalities, school districts, sewerage authorities, municipal and county utilities authorities, county improvement authorities, redevelopment agencies and other governmental entities. He has also represented issuers in the states of Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire and New York and several investment banking firms in connection with a variety of financings.
Bob’s practice includes advising issuers and underwriters of the legal requirements relating to debt issuance and continuing compliance, including applicable state law, securities law and tax law. He frequently speaks at industry conferences and is proud of his reputation of providing efficient, effective and personable service to his clients.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Bond Counsel
- Government Finance Officers Association
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys
- Government Finance Officers Association of New Jersey
- New Jersey Association of Environmental Authorities
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Economic Development
- Health Care
- Power and Renewable Energy
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- Brown University, A.B.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey
- New York
Recent News & Publications
- SEC Announces New Continuing Disclosure Settlements, The Authority View, a publication of The Association of Environmental Authorities
- Bond Continuing Disclosure Update, The Authority View, a publication of The Association of Environmental Authorities
- Super Lawyers Names 21 Hawkins Lawyers in 2014
This year, Hawkins has more Super Lawyers in the practice of Government Finance than any other law firm in the New York Metro area.…
- Funding/Financing/Incentives – Public Financing, New Jersey Environmental Law Handbook, 8th Edition