In the specialized field of procurements for desalination facilities, Hawkins is the law firm leader. Our experience encompasses major seawater desalination projects, as well as large regional groundwater desalination facilities. We have been centrally involved as owner’s lead counsel in drafting and negotiating CMAR, design-build, design-build-operate and P3 project agreements for several high profile desalination projects now operating in California, Texas and Florida. These include the widely-recognized 50 mgd Carlsbad Seawater Desalination Project and the San Antonio Water System’s 10 mgd groundwater desalination facility. Our water team regularly helps bring together diverse groups of stakeholders, contactors, operators and investors to address siting, permitting and regulatory challenges and fashion workable approaches to delivering complex water desalination projects that meet the performance objectives of our municipal utility clients.
The following is a representative list of the firm’s engagements as owner’s lead counsel for project procurements in the desalination facilities sector:
- California American Water Company (Monterey Seawater Desalination Project)
- Hialeah/Miami-Dade County, Florida (Brackish Groundwater Desalination Project)
- San Antonio Water System (Brackish Groundwater Desalination Project)
- San Diego County Water Authority (Carlsbad Seawater Desalination Project)
- San Juan Capistrano, California (Brackish Groundwater Desalination Project)