Erich focuses his practice on a variety of financing activities for non-profit organizations, banking institutions, and governmental issuers in a range of sectors including healthcare, social infrastructure, transportation, multi-family housing, and education.
Prior to joining Hawkins, Erich was an analyst at a rating agency and practiced law with a large U.S. city.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
National Association of Bond Lawyers' Carlson Prize
- Bank Counsel
- Bond Counsel
- Borrower's Counsel
- Disclosure Counsel
- Private Placements
- Project Finance
- Underwriters' Counsel
- Cultural Institutions
- Health Care
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- Iowa State University, B.F.A.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Staff Writer, DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal
Recent News & Publications
- Erich Schmitz Awarded NABL’s 2020 Carlson Prize
Erich Schmitz has been awarded the Carlson Prize by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) for his work on the article entitl…
- Practical Considerations in Electronic Disclosure by State and Municipal Bond Issuers
- SEC Disclosure Rule Will Improve Transparency, But Municipal Bank Loan Structures Can Still Carry Hidden Risks
- Halliburton II: A Missed Opportunity to Right the Wrong in Rule 10b-5 based Class Actions