Hawkins is a national leader in the field of financings for cultural institutions and foundations. Our attorneys have significant experience and expertise with financings for museums, research institutions, foundations, social service agencies, and other types of nonprofit organizations. Hawkins has worked on many high profile and iconic projects for nonprofit institutions as well as on smaller or start-up projects. We understand the finances and operations of nonprofit organizations as well as the special challenges confronting nonprofit organizations generally. The firm has the skills required to help such entities navigate the complex issues that arise in drafting disclosure and financing documents and rendering tax exemption opinions.
We serve as bond counsel, borrower’s and underwriters’ counsel in connection with issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds for the benefit of cultural institutions, foundations and other types 501(c)(3) organizations located throughout the country. Additionally, Hawkins has extensive experience with the specific application of “green bond” and “social bond” criteria within the specific context of non-profit missions.
The firm has participated in more than 293 financings for cultural institutions and foundations with a principal amount over $14 billion.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation
- American Museum of Natural History
- California Academy of Sciences
- Computer History Museum
- Contemporary Jewish Museum
- Currier Museum of Art
- de Young Museum
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Fleet Science Center
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Los Angeles Music Center
- Los Angeles Natural History Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Academy of Sciences
- New York City Center
- Scripps Research Institute
- The Brookings Institution
- The Bush Foundation
- The California Endowment
- The Carnegie Institution of Washington
- The Freedom Forum (Newseum)
- The Ford Foundation
- The Juilliard School
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation
- Walt Disney Family Museum
- World Wildlife Fund
Cultural Institutions Financings