Working in the area of taxation, Michela has assisted state and local governmental entities, conduit issuers and borrowers in all areas eligible to receive the benefit of tax-exempt financing under the Code, the State of New York, the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority, the Trustees of Princeton University, the Maine Municipal Bond Bank, the Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation, the Borough of North Slope, Alaska, the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority, the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport Authority, the County of Chesterfield, Virginia, and the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency.
Because of her involvement with the many varied participants in tax-exempt bond financings, Michela has had the fortuity to be involved in some of the most challenging and innovative transactions in the country.
Her work with the National Association of Bond Lawyers and the American Bar Association has afforded Michela opportunities to participate in regulatory initiatives relating to tax-exempt bond financings; most recently, Michela has contributed to projects addressing the safe-harbor management contract rules and P3s.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Bond Counsel
- American Bar Association
- NABL Tax Committee Vice-Chair (2010)
- NABL Tax Committee Chair (2011)
- NABL Tax & Securities Law Institute Vice-Chair (2012)
- NABL Tax & Securities Law Institute Chair (2013)
- NABL Board Member (2013-2014)
- Cultural Institutions
- Economic Development
- Health Care
- Power and Renewable Energy
- Public Buildings
- Solid Waste
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S.
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- New York
Recent News & Publications
- Hawkins Wins Award for Work on P3 Project
The New Jersey Alliance for Action has named Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP as a recipient of its 2015 “New Jersey’s Leading Infrast…