Brett’s practice centers on structuring financings, primarily as bond counsel or underwriters’ counsel, for cultural institutions, educational facilities, hospitals, and multifamily housing. Brett enjoys combining his knowledge of finance and law to help clients achieve pragmatic and successful results. Prior to joining Hawkins, Brett practiced public finance law in the multifamily housing sector and advised startup companies, and served as a federal law clerk.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- California Bar Association
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Federal public defender in the Northern District of California